So I don't really know how this goes, but for sometime now i have had the urge to start a blog, I have managed to resist the temptation for so long for two reasons, one because i felt like everybody was doing it, and two... did i have anything vaguely interesting to say?...
8months ago I was living in Columbus Ohio, although Ohio will still always romance me in a strange way, it didn't really give me too much to ponder or stimulate the senses,
Now i live in Philadelphia, in the heart of the city - which i love, I have an amazing career (Clothing Design) (corporate!!) for a company that seems to be just as crazy as it is inspiring?....
I feel inspired and interested again, by the city, the people around me, new york and the other cities I'm lucky enough to visit through my job.
Ive had the opportunity to travel around the globe - for inspiration (basically shopping - ridiculous really - i know!) and for garment production (Asia)... I'm finally living on the east coast... the world is my oyster i guess?...
I finally found the balls to create this blog just last week,
mainy inspired by my best friend D. who i recently spent 5 days with in mexico - our sun burnt, tequila fueled dreams of one day having our own line came up one more time?...more of that to come i guess?...or i hope?.
My plan is that this blog will help me to figure some of that out too?...small steps I guess.
which i guess brings me round to the name Tvoroyri+Scot. (sadly missing the beautiful danish lettering - damn you english keyboard).
Tvoroyri is a small town in the Faroe Islands, the Faroe Islands are a small group of Islands situated between the North Atlantic Ocean and the Norwegian Sea, inhabited by just 48,000 people (thanks wikipedia)
My Faroese grandmother grew up in Tvoroyri, she met my grandfather, a police officer stationed in the Faroes during World War II, they fell in love and moved to England...where they had my mother and uncle.
My grandfather died of cancer when i was about 6, my grandmother Gunvor never really recovered, they were so in love,
something i will always aspire to posess.
who else cried so hard that they couldnt breath while watching the Notebook?..
Anyway, Gunvor was my rock, when i moved to University she would type beautiful letters to me, wih this old heavy typewriter, mistakes would be crossed out with white-out and re-spelt by hand, i could barely understand the corrections.
I would write back to her in return and she would always tell me she loved how i wrote, she used to tell me that it was the same as us having a conversation face to face. the letters we sent back and forth were so special to me.
Scot refers to my dear partner in crime, born in Scotland, raised in Barcelona, University in England, long time resident of Texas, Midwest dweller and US citizen. Its funny how with such a diverse background she still has such a beautiful Scottish accent. shes amazing. shes inspiring. a great business woman. shes my in case of emergency contact.
hello.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment